Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Better Day


The pain keeps coming, it flows like water.
Tears turn into flames, and smiles turn into dust.
As reality becomes a dream, my dreams seem further away.
Things I understood, became things I did not know.
Things I once knew, became wonders to me.
Things I once saw, now are blind to me.
My free spirit has become limited by my pain,
Through my hard shift, scars have appeared.
My doubts have finally become the truth.

The thought of brighter days seem so far away,
I look up into the sky,
fighting, wanting to see sunshine.
Instead dark clouds surround me.
The positive become negative.
As the negatives become positives.
If I didn't have God, I would be lost.
Though I have no faith left,
some how there's something still fighting inside of me.

So even though I have nothing left,
I still remain standing.
Not because I can but because my faith in God is strong.
So strong, I can wake up everyday; hoping and praying for a better day.

No comments: