Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Even Angels Learn To Fly

You lost my respect the day you walked out the door.

Truth be told, I thought that was the end of me,
I thought love was something I'd never see again.
Then one day my eyes opened for the first time,
and I remembered I was destined for greatness.

Since you've been gone, I've learned how to move on.
I've learned how to be myself, I've learned how to love myself,
and I've realized that I don't need nobody else.

I'm doing fine all by myself, I'm doing so good I forgot I could live like this.
I forgot the beauty of my happiness and the strength in my smile.

It's all in the process but I won't rush it.
I enjoy taking it day by day, one step at a time.

Everyday I'm stronger, you can't accomplish anything if it don't hurt.

I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all,
'cause then I know I'm at least making progress.
You took my smile once, you'll never take it again.

It's mine, forever mine.

It's easy to hit the ground and just give up.
But I'm fighting for my life, defending me for the first time in my life and it feels good.

The heart breaks, but I'll learn to love again.
Stronger, deeper, wiser and more free.
The next man that gets me, will deserve me.

Like Fantasia once said, even angels learn to fly.

No comments: