Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Crossroad To Happiness

As a kid,

I always witnessed more than I was suppose to witness.
I always heard more than I was suppose to hear.
I always saw more than I was suppose to see.
I always got more love than I was suppose to get.

But most of all, I've been through things that no little girl was ever suppose to go through.

Never could sleep, to worried about the pain tomorrow would bring.
Now that I'm grown, all that's left are painful memories & nightmares.

This has made the girl you see before you today.

They told me I was Remarkable.
Brilliant, Exquisite, Strong, Wise, Selfless, Incredible, Amazing,
Eloquent, Mature Beyond My Years, Kind, Warm, Funny, Exciting,
Real, Powerful, Lyrically Gifted, Striking, Generous, Appealing,
Stunning, Lovely, Heart Of The Sea but most of all Beautiful.

I didn't hear it before, but now I'm listening.
I couldn't see it before, but now I'm living it.

Today I took the hand of the little girl I used to be.
And I told her "You are beautiful, Talented and Exquisite."
I said "I'm sorry to hear, I'm sorry for what they did to you,
I'm sorry for the pain you endured at such a young age.
But most of all, I'm sorry for cheating you of the true happiness and love you deserve"

I'm here now, everything will be okay.

No comments: