Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Diamond Waiting To Sparkle

A lot of people look at me, and judge me. They say I've changed.
I haven't changed; my desire to succeed in life has just grown.

I think it's a simple explanation of "growing up" ...

I had to grow up at a very young age, so I always had a lot of knowledge packed in the back of my mind. I guess I was just too afraid to use it.
I was scared of standing out in a crowd, being the odd one out. Simply different.

Everyone around me was so immature and stupid. They used to do and say the most foolish things, but for some reason in their mind that was known as "real" ...
Real and fake doesn't really mean anything; I'd rather just say you and me.

Before I was dead, now I'm alive.

Not because it's all in my mind state, because I can now smile being who I am.

We're all going to have to grow up sometime, I say better now than later.
I look around at girls my age and I see everything I don't want to become.

Yes I'd love to be in love, who doesn't love to be in love.
But none of these dudes are meant for me, they're all a bunch of nobodies.
Guys these days have forgotten the definition of a real woman.

There's something I just got to say ... "this generation is truly fucked"

Girls saying goodbye to their self-respect and dignity every morning before they walk out their front door? What has the world truly come to? I'll never know.

So where do I stand in all of this mess? I think I'll stay on my little cloud of Me.
It's the best place to be, the only place safe to me.

My journey has just begun, a diamond just waiting to sparkle.

No comments: